- Complete all pages of the rental application for each adult who will live in the home. An application is complete when it includes:
- Offer of terms (address applying for, occupancy date, lease length & amount of rent).
- Full legal name (incl. maiden name) & address of each applicant and tenant (including minors)
- Date of birth & Social Security Number or Individual Tax ID for each applicant.
- Current landlord name & daytime telephone number (if renting).
- Former landlord name, daytime number, and property address.
- Employer/ Payroll dept. name & telephone number – note: if your employer uses ‘The Work Number’ or a system that charges for verification, you must provide an alternate employment verification; this could include: paystubs from the last 2 pay periods, most recent W-2, or an acceptance letter if this is a new job. Self-employed must include the last 2 yrs. Federal 1040 & schedule C forms.
- Signature of each adult and date signed.
- Submit the application after paying the application fee of $40 per adult (over the age of 18) and the earnest money deposit (EMD) of one month’s rent. Once your application is approved, the EMD becomes the security deposit and is transferred to an escrow account until the end of your lease. ** Make sure the property is fully available before paying the
application fee as it is non-refundable. If you are working with a real estate agent, your agent can confirm this for you.
- The 1st month’s rent and pet deposit will be collected on the day the lease begins in exchange for the key to the home. Certified funds are required for the first month’s rent or whenever there are less than 10 business days for a personal check to clear. After the first month’s rent, a personal check will be allowed in accordance with the lease.
The processing of the application will take a minimum of 2 business days to complete. The processing time can be reduced by attaching copies of paystubs, W-2’s, and employment offer letters, as well as correct phone numbers and contact information. We will not start processing without a fully complete application, with the application fee, plus the Earnest Money funds.